Bourbon Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake | Keto Cheesecake
Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake is the perfect keto dessert for the holiday season. Whether for Thanksgiving or Christmas this keto cheesecake is the perfect addition to your holiday table, especially if you’re keeping it low carb. Best of all, this Keto pumpkin Cheesecake is so good, no one will even know that it’s low carb!
I’ve been meaning to make some sort of keto dessert for a while now. The reason it hasn’t come sooner is that I’ve largely been unimpressed by the many variations of low carb desserts floating around the internet. Well, that changes now.
In order to help make your holiday season a little more keto friendly, I’ve come up with the Bourbon Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake. It’s DELICIOUS! I tested it on an unsuspecting taste tester and they had no idea that it was low carb.
In order to get a good crust, I resorted to making the crust out of pecans along with some other ingredients. It turned out surprisingly well. As far as keto cheesecakes are concerned I think pecans might be the way to go. Technically this is actually a keto Bourbon Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Cheesecake but I felt that was one adjective too many.
There is a fair amount of bourbon in this recipe. The alcohol in the crust and the cake gets cooked out in the oven. But for the caramel, if you want a bit more of a bite to it you can add the bourbon late in the caramel making process so that all of the alcohol doesn’t cook off. On the flip side, if you absolutely don’t want any alcohol in your cake you could leave the bourbon out altogether. It will change the flavor slightly but with caramel, pecans, pumpkin, and cheesecake I think you’ll be just fine.
If you just want a pumpkin cheesecake, leave out the bourbon and nix the caramel. It’s cheesecake so either way, it’s going to be delicious.
a note about sweetness
This recipe is for a moderately sweet keto cheesecake. If you want your cheesecake more on the very sweet side just add more swerve to the recipe in the cake mix. You could add an extra tablespoon or two. Or if you want it a lot sweeter you could even add an extra 1/4 cup.
|Prep Time||20 mintes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
|Passive Time||12 hours|
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs medium
- 1.5 cups pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Swerve granular
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 shot bourbon
- 4 tbsp butter salted
- 2.5 tbsp Swerve confectioners
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 shot bourbon
Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- In a food processor add pecans and blend until roughly chopped. Then add dry ingrediates and continue to blend. Then add wet ingrediantes and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Grease the bottom of an 8 inch spring form pan with salted butter. Add pecan mixture and spread until flat and uniform. Bake in 350ºF oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- For the filling add the wet ingrediants to a mixing bowl and blend until thoroughly combined. Then add dry ingrediants and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- After crust has come out of the oven and cooled add the filling mixture. Smooth top and gently shake to even out mixture.
- Bake at 350ºF for about 45 minutes until center is firm. Allow to slowly cool on counter until room tempeture. Then cover and place in refridgerator over night.
- For caramel sauce add butter and Swerve in a sauce pan over medium low heat. Whisk periodically until mixture is golden brown and thick. Then add heavy whipping cream and bourbon, again cook down, whisking periodically. Towards end add vanilla extractand remove from heat once again golden brown and caramel coates the back of a spoon.
2 thoughts on “Bourbon Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake | Keto Cheesecake”
I’m making this for our Thanksgiving Eve. Sounds great! I’ll post review.
No reviews??? I need reviews people. This looks amazing!