November 17, 2017
This recipe for keto buffalo wings is utilizing a technique from Keji-Lopez at seriouseats.com to improve the crispiness of the wings when baking them in the oven. It does add some carbs, so feel free to leave out the baking powder, if you would like, which will leave you at about zero carbs for the whole dish.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
|Passive Time||12 hours|
- 4 pounds Chicken Wings
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 4 teaspoons Salt
- 8 Tablespoons Frank's RedHot Sauce
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- With a paper towel pat as much moisture as possible off of the wings. The goal is to dry the skin.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of salt per pound of chicken wings.
- Coat the wings in the baking powder and salt mixture.
- Place wings on a wire rack and leave uncovered in the refrigerator over night.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 and cook wings on the medium high rack for a bout 20 minutes.
- Remove wings from oven and flip them over and return to oven for another 15-30 minutes.
- Towards end flip wings a few more times to ensure equal browning and crispiness.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of Frank's RedHot Sauce and 2 tablespoons unsalted butter in a sauce pan over medium heat until combined.
- Toss cooked wings in sauce and serve. Salt to taste.
6oz Chicken Wings- 378 Calories, 27 grams Fat, 0 grams Carbs, 31 grams Protein
1oz Buffalo Sauce- 101 Calories, 11 grams Fat, 0 gram Carbs, 0 grams Protein
Optional baking powder and salt treatment:
per pound of wings- 5 Calories, 0 grams Fat, 2.3 grams Carbs, 0 grams Protein